Pages

CLICK HERE to Light a Candle for Gracie and Any Other Soul in Need
Light as many as you would like - as often as you would like.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

#29 - Weekly list - 4th edition

This week's list will be a bit early. Keeping with this week's holiday, I will be doing a list of things that I am thankful for - in no specific order. Ladies, what is everyone else thankful for this week?

I am thankful....

  • that I am generally able to live more comfortably than many people in this world. This includes having a job, food in my belly and a roof over my head - and said roof also including electricity & indoor plumbing with hot water.  Many of my worst days will be better than some of these folks' best days...
  • that my identity theft experience was not worse than it was. (Don't get me wrong, it's still shitty....but in all reality, it could have easily been MUCH worse!!)
  • for such a strong relationship and marriage with such a wonderful man. (I will forgive him for being a man, it's beyond his control!) Without him, my life would not be complete.
  • for the opportunity to carry and grow Miss Gracie for 8 months. I am still so sad that she was not chosen to stay here in an earthly form, but my life has forever been changed by the opportunity to experience and love her. She will live on forever in the hearts of her mommy, daddy, younger siblings, extended family and friends.

  • for my friend Debbie and the online friends that I have met over the last few months. The last 16 weeks would have been impossible for me to move through without these people.
  • for the unending love and support shown by my family and close friends (you know who you are) over the last few months.  I don't say enough how much I love and appreciate you all - I never have, and I'm sorry to say, but I will probably always lack in this area of acknowledgment.  
  • for internet in Namibia
  • for eggnog!  :-)  

3 comments:

The Blue Sparrow said...

I happened on your blog through Hollys over at Caring for Carliegh. We lost our son on July 24th of this year. I just wanted to say the Gracie is beautiful and Im so glad that you are able to find things to be thankful for. Your on the right path. *HUGS*

JamieW said...

I also just happened on your blog. Our son was born sleeping at 38 weeks in late August. This is a beautiful post. I too am working on focusing on all the things I do have to be thankful for. Hugs to you and I look forward to following you through happier times for all of us.

Tina said...

It is amazing that you are able to find so much to be thankful for when it is so easy to be blinded by our grief. Thank you for sharing these posts. xx