Pages

CLICK HERE to Light a Candle for Gracie and Any Other Soul in Need
Light as many as you would like - as often as you would like.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October Posts

So we all know that this month is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  As I perused several blogs this morning, I noticed that quite a few of you are going to be doing daily posts this month. 

Debbie is going to be writing about a different stillbirth resource every day. 

Virginia is going to be writing daily about stillbirth facts and issues. 

Angie is doing an 'all about me' theme and has invited the rest of us to join her.  She has posted a list that has the topic for each day, just to make it that much easier for the slacker in each of us!  :-)  Since Debbie and Virginia have resources and facts covered, and the wheel can only be reinvented so many ways, I figured that I might jump on Angie's wagon.  Perhaps it will get me back into blogging a little more regularly...

Day 1 - a song that reminds you of your child, or one that you can't listen to anymore and why.
Day 2 - a movie that helped you get through the hard times, or one that jumps out at you after your loss.
Day 3 - a television program that helped you either get through hard times or that moves you.
Day 4 - your favorite book. has it changed since your loss?
Day 5 - your favorite quote.
Day 6 - twenty things that calm you.
Day 7 - a photo that makes you happy.
Day 8 - a photo that makes you angry/sad.
Day 9 - a photo you took since your loss.
Day 10 - a photo taken over 10 years ago of you and how it makes you feel seeing it now.
Day 11 - a photo of you recently and how it makes you feel seeing it now.
Day 12 - something you are OCD about.
Day 13 - a fictional book that is meaningful to you since your loss.
Day 14 - a non-fictional book that is meaningful to you since your loss.
Day 15 - what you like about your house.
Day 16 - a song that makes you cry (or nearly).
Day 17 - an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc) that moves you.
Day 18 - my wedding/future wedding/past wedding.
Day 19 - a talent of yours.
Day 20 - a hobby of yours and how it changed since your loss.
Day 21 - a recipe.
Day 22 - a website that has been meaningful since your loss.
Day 23 - a youtube video that makes you laugh.
Day 24 - where you live
Day 25 - your day, in great detail
Day 26 - your week, in great detail
Day 27 - your worst habit since your child's death.
Day 28 - what's in your handbag/purse
Day 29 - hopes, dreams, and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 - a dream for the future 



I am going to do days 1-4 today....that should catch me up.  :-)

Day 1 - a song that reminds you of your child, or one that you can't listen to anymore and why.
I listen to all kinds of music.  Much of what I listen to on a daily basis just goes in one ear and out the other unless I really like it or it has meaning.  That was the case with Remember When it Rained by Josh Groban.  I have no idea how many times I listened to this song before Gracie died, but it never struck me until after she died.  Had the weather been different on the day she died, it probably would still mean nothing, but it rained most of that day....  Now I think of her every time I hear it, and I have added it to the playlist here on her blog.

Day 2 - a movie that helped you get through the hard times, or one that jumps out at you after your loss.
 I can't really say that any specific movie helped me get through the weeks and months after Gracie's death.  There are certain movies that, for whatever reason, are comforting to me - probably because I can associate them with happy memories or happy periods of time.  I don't necessarily sit down to watch them, but I will watch them if there is nothing else on, and I have watched quite a few of them over the last 13 months.  Fools Rush In, Top Gun, Save the Last Dance, City of Angels...

Day 3 - a television program that helped you either get through hard times or that moves you.

I don't have a lot of time to watch t.v. anymore.  There are a select few shows that I make time to watch or DVR...The Closer, Grey's Anatomy, Rescue Me, Damages...the rest is all reruns just to pass or fill voids of time.  As a whole, I can't really say that any of them specifically helped me or move me with regard to Gracie's death, but there have been several episodes of Grey's Anatomy that deal with ill or dead children (one was a late term stillbirth) that have hit home a little harder than they would have before Gracie died.

Day 4 - your favorite book. has it changed since your loss?

Although I should, I don't make time to do much book reading.  I don't have a favorite book, nor do I have a preferred author.  Since Gracie's death I have read just a few books.... Cesar's Way; Food, Inc.; and a breastfeeding book.  I have thought about reading a book or two about infant and/or pregnancy loss, but I just haven't done it. 

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Glad to see you're joining in too! I did too becuase I've been slacking lately! Yay for Fools Rush In, Top Gun, Grey's and Rescue Me! :) I have almost all of the Grey's seasons on DVD and I know that stillbirth one is in there somewhere, but I haven't ventured to actually go and look for it again. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your answers and hoping you are well. XO