Pages

CLICK HERE to Light a Candle for Gracie and Any Other Soul in Need
Light as many as you would like - as often as you would like.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Questions #3 and #4

These questions are also from Carleigh's mom, Holly, who asked what my favorite food is and what I wanted to be when I was growing up. 

My favorite food....I don't know that I can limit it to just one food.  I think that I could eat pizza, french fries, jelly beans and bacon every day.  I don't eat them every day, but definitely I eat way too much of all of this stuff, especially bacon.  I was having such terrible bacon withdraw during the early months of this pregnancy that my hubby special ordered an entire slab of nitrate-free bacon for me.  That made me a very happy girl.  :-)

As far as what I wanted to be when I was growing up, I definitely did not aspire to become a physical therapist!  :-P     When I was in 5th grade, we watched a PBS series in school called "Voyage of the Mimi."  It was all about marine sciences - but it primarily focused on whales...specifically humpback whales.  From that point until sometime around 10th or 11th grade, I was dead set on becoming a marine biologist...but with aspirations of working as a trainer somewhere like Sea World (as opposed to humpback research).  At some point I realized that I was a homebody and that most of the jobs I would want are nowhere near Pennsylvania...and also that the jobs I would want were probably also hard to come by and I would likely end up doing something else while I waited for the perfect job opportunity...  So, I decided to come up with a Plan B.  That is when physical therapy entered the picture.  It's definitely not my true passion in life, but it works.  Most of the time I really enjoy my job, so I really can't complain.  I will confess though, that it was really difficult to come back to physical therapy after our incredible whale watch trip two years ago in Alaska.  Our boat played cat and mouse with a small research boat the whole time we were out...and I sooooo wanted that to be my job for the summer.




3 comments:

Antoinette said...

new wrinkle in my brain about you...and i SOOO remember when your husband bought that bacon for you =)

very cute!!

Maggie said...

I love hearing all your answers! :)

Holly said...

I bet you loved the whale watching!!