Pages

CLICK HERE to Light a Candle for Gracie and Any Other Soul in Need
Light as many as you would like - as often as you would like.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Last Six Days of Questions

I was not able to keep up at the end of October, so I did not get the last 6 questions answered.  Just so I can say that I did it, here we go...

Day 25 - your day, in great detail
No one really wants to hear about this in any more detail than this...  I get up, change baby, feed baby, pump, change baby, go to work, pull my hair out at work and spend as much time trying to figure out how to clone myself as I do treating patients (but with the new full time therapist on board it's not nearly as bad as it was a year ago...now I just have to get caught up!), eat lunch, pump, see more patients and do more paperwork, go home to eat dinner, pump, feed baby, change baby, feed baby again, change baby again, pump again and go to bed. 


Day 26 - your week, in great detail
It's like Groundhog Day at this point...you've seen one day, you've basically seen them all at this point. 


Day 27 - your worst habit since your child's death
Impulse buying...but only specific to Gracie.  If I see something that screams 'I am Gracie...buy me,' well, I buy it.  I buy it regardless of whether or not I have something specific to do with it.  I buy it regardless of whether or not I really have the money to spend.  I think that on some level I am afraid that if I do not buy these things, her memory will fade, even though there is really no direct connection between Gracie and these items.


Day 28 - what's in your handbag/purse
I am not a fan of the purse...my purse is really an overized wallet on a strap.  The 'cargo' compartment is just big enough to hold a 6 oz. baby bottle and my keys at the same time.  Oddly enough, when I was in high school I had one of those stylin' straw/wicker purses that contained about 5 pounds of loose change and everything but the kitchen sink. 


Day 29 - hopes, dreams, and plans for the next 365 days
  • I am hoping that something very specific happens to give our financial standing a boost.  If that happens, we will be able to move forward from our present standstill on house renovations.  This would be HUGE for me.  We have been unsettled in this house for 10 years now, and right now only half of it is liveable. 
  • I am hoping to get caught up at the office so I can resume some face to face marketing and get caught up with some other professional necessities that have fallen to the wayside over the last year.  I would like this year to be the year that my business really takes off. 
  • I would love to go to Namibia (Africa) in April with my dad and step-mom to visit my sister.  In a month she will be coming home for 3 weeks, but I would love to spend a week visiting the place that has been her home for a year (and will be her home for one more year to come).  Unfortunately, finances and Jenna are more or less putting the kabash on that. 
  • I am hoping that death, illness and disease steer clear of my friends and family over coming year.  We have had our share over the last 18 months...we are all ready for a little smooth sailing.
  • I hope to see successful births of all of the tiny little lives presently growing in so many of my BLM friends. 
  • I am going to work hard to help my body heal from the damages of back to back pregnancies in hopes that in a year's time we will be in the very beginning stages of baby #3.
  • Last, but certainly not least, I am going to enjoy my daughter.  I am going to eat up every minute that I can get with her and shower her with all the love she deserves. 

Day 30 - a dream for the future
My dream is quite simple.... for my business to provide a steady and reliable income sufficient enough to make life comfortable for us.  By comfortable, I mean for it to provide enough funds for us to finish our remodeling/rehabing of our home, to maintain reliable vehicles, to provide the things that our children need and reasonably want as they grow up, to be able to travel with our children and expose them to life outside of this sleepy little town, to help our children with their post-secondary educations and to allow us a relatively comfortable retirement.  It's  not all about money, but it sure helps to make things more comfortable and take the worry out of so many things.  In the long run, it will all of these other things fall into place.

No comments: