Pages

CLICK HERE to Light a Candle for Gracie and Any Other Soul in Need
Light as many as you would like - as often as you would like.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

#01 - ABOUT OUR BLOG

July 31, 2009 will forever live in my mind. It was a monumentally life altering day for my husband and me, but not in the manner that we were expecting. It is the day that our first baby, Grace Isabelle, died. 8 1/2 weeks have gone by, and we continue to deal with a tremendous amount of raw emotion. We have a long road ahead as we continue to deal with our own questions and emotions, as well as the multitude of questions and range of emotions from friends and family. 

I considered starting a pregnancy blog before Gracie was born, but never did so because there as never time.  I have been encouraged by several other grieving mothers to start the blog now, as part of the healing process.  So here it is.  This blog exists as a coping and healing mechanism for me. It exists to answer some of the questions that many friends and family members have not asked. It also exists to raise, as much as we can, the awareness of pregnancy loss and infant loss in our country and across the world.  Most importantly, it exists to honor the memory of our beautiful first born child.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - it's HMarieM from BabyCenter.

I'm glad to see you've started a blog to help you in this terrible journey to healing, assuming it really exists somewhere.

Thinking of you.

Heidi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Gracie is beautiful. Much love for you and big warm hugs.